Thursday, September 13, 2007

Burning up our nation?

I never thought we would experience this in Malaysia. This incident somehow reminds me of Ku Klux Klan and Martin Luther King type of happenings. What is it? Flag burning.

Apparently some Jalur Gemilang (national flags) and UMNO (ruling party) flags were burnt on Sunday night at a political gathering. Somehow, just hearing this news makes me feel unsafe. What will happen next? Riots? Oh wait. There were protests and mini-riots at the same political gathering when a fracas broke out between the police and those who had gathered there, leading to shots being fired and people injured.

Did I mention that I don't feel safe anymore?

3 comments:

zewt said...

a picture of a person burning flags... the photographer can say anything...

rinnah said...

zewt: Hmm... you have a point there. Seen the latest news?

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?