Thursday, August 16, 2007

Is it too soon to be happy?

Did you hear that? That's the massive sigh of relief heaved by Malaysian drivers after the move to close all petrol stations in the country by 10.00pm by the Petroleum Dealers Association (PDA) was called off. I wonder what arm-twisting went on the the meeting between the PDA and the Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs Ministry so that the move was "shelved".

But... will the consumers be made to pay the price one way or another? I predict that credit charges will still be passed back to the consumer OR after some "whining" about the stagnant petrol prices - fuel charge hike! Dearer petrol = less driving, maybe? Maybe this is the solution to the never-ending traffic jams in KL. That and making it harder for people to buy cars. But who am I to talk about this when I won't give up my Single Occupancy Vehicle no matter how the fuel prices go up. *grin*

No comments: